Friday, October 31, 2008

Feelin' Halloweenie?

Alright, I'm done bah humbugging, for those thinking I was being a downer about all Hallows Eve. Kidlings are strutting their costumed selves proudly at school right now, getting hopped up on cupcakes and juice. We're prepping to wander downtown and catch a glimpse of some more Kodiak creativity after 3:30, then they'll be romping up and down the streets collecting candy for me. (There better be plenty of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or else).

Been entertained already today with an array of Presidential candidates, I met Obama, Hillary Clinton, and someone who looked like Gerald Ford. (I think he was supposed to be McCain though.) The kiddos seemed festive with a horde of Star Wars Clones, and a bunch of Hannah Montana clones. There were some awesome hand-made costumes parading too. Later, I'll be dressed as Darth Maul, which might give me away, but I'm guessing there are a couple other people in that outfit as well.

So happy Halloween, and Dia De Los Muerto (tomorrow & Sunday)! Hopefully everybody stays safe, no one eggs my car this year, and the bears stay nestled in their dens for the dark evening. I wonder if they are looking forward to Daylight Savings Time too?

1 comment:

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

I'd go as D'Artangon. I've even got the real sword, real cape, real hat, and custom made daggar!