Thursday, October 23, 2008

The end is here.

Looks from that white stuff that coated my lawn this morning our Springsummerfall has finally taken the last step into our second season of Alternating Frozen Slushdom. Somewhat a relief, as things are easier to accept when you are in the midst of them, while the anticipation preceding irrepressibly lingers.

I wandered my chilled bones out to the shed this morning to ready my path-carving acoutriments, and lo-and-behold, someone has absconded my snow shovel. Granted the thief is likely under four feet tall, and its whereabouts are probably in the proximity of the neighborhood tree fort... snow shovel shopping just adds one more thing to my capped to-do list.

If I hadn't sold our antique four-wheeler a few years back, I think I would have invested some funds in the snow-plow attachment. It would be nice to pull a good Tim Taylor man-roar and put some decent hps behind the chore. Everything is better when you get to whip brodies in your front lawn eh?

Also nearing is the end of political season, thank dog. The daily countdown is brinking on single digits, and although my interest had waned in the preceding month or so due to overload - I suppose I'll flip more slowly past CNN for a bit to watch the finale unfold. (Not that Jon Stewart hasn't enlighted me on anything of importance.) I am having a hard time figuring out why the heck this "Joe the Plumber" guy is getting such an emphatic 15 minutes. Does anyone have an answer for that? I realize that just by mentioning it I've extended it a few more moments. Possibly I should have abbreviated that thought, and given Vapid Paris a plug instead.

Back to the mundane grind, makes me wish I was still in elementary sitting back watching cartoons in my jams on these extra days off. I could a use good Mystery Machine Marathon about now... "and I could have gotten away with it if it weren't for those darn kids."

2 comments:

Kodiak Perspective said...

Perhaps you need a "Wovel"
http://www.wovel.com/

devilsclub said...

Ah, that looks like fun! If only it had the snowball launching attachment too.