Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Is this chicken, what I have, or is this fish?

What is it about celebrity that the stupidest comments amplify your infamy? Do the blonde realize they are blonde? (Not hair profiling, per se... blonde's come in all pigments). ** and on another aside, when did blonde become blond in the spellcheck or did I really miss a spelling rule somewhere, I'm sticking with blonde, uncapitalized, I don't care.**

I guess it is the intellectual's obligation to mock the bubbly cheerleader for asking you "what does illiterate mean?" Seemingly educated people seem to fall under the same trap, but not so much out of ignorance, out of delusional grandeur, where you manage to promote the lie so much it becomes your truth.

I suppose there is quite a bit of gray in the world though, some of it bluish, some of it brownish depending on your perception, so maybe it isn't all delusion, it is more a form of color blindness. A disability of sorts that renders you mindblind to another person's point of view.

Anyway, rambling again... the thought was generated after flipping past Ms. Palin on Greta Van Susteren last night, which I only really visited long enough to hear the comment about the blogosphere being "kids in pajamas sitting in the basement of their parents’ homes".

From the majority of bloggers I've stumbled upon, I gather most of them are Gen-X to post Gen-X'ers, the kiddos I know seem to stick to myspace trading back and forth mindless surveys and silly joke graphics. Yeah, I may blog in my pajamas from time to time, but you know what... my parents don't even have a basement.

It was a blonde comment if ever I heard one. So I nominate Sarah Palin for the title of Honororary Blonde. Thinking about it, at least she didn't claim to have invented the giant series of tubes called the Internet.

No comments: