Tuesday, September 23, 2008

first frosts and now no slalom?

I started this post a couple of days ago and got distracted. Life is hectic as usual in the Devil'sClub den, weatherproofing, doing the final mow, and basking in the wonderful heat of the new Toyotomi. Good thing too, even if it is raining today, the nights are starting to get a bit of a bite to them, and my bones aren't as young as they used to be.

Mill Bay is coming along nicely, as long as you don't get caught in the half-hour wait behind the pavers in the evening. Even though I'm digging the smooth ride, I kind of miss the excitement of the traffic blockade slalom they had going on for the past couple of weeks. It definitely spiced up the drive.

On the economic front, I really enjoyed Ish's Birk Plan post. I think that is the best solution for the crisis I've heard yet! Although, if you watched that A&E program that showed what happened to people after they won the lottery, maybe it wouldn't be such a good economic boost except for in the weird expensive knick-knack market. I think I could go a lifetime before seeing another burst of the diamond encrusted grill fad hit.

(Oh and btw, that's Bob B.'s abode.)

No comments: