Thursday, April 2, 2009

You're on Notice


Get your own: http://www.shipbrook.com/onnotice/

So I see on NOAA's weather website Kodiak has turned orange. This means it is a blizzard watch, Friday a.m. to Friday evening. So to honor the great Steven Colbert, (and because I'm sick as fu** of f***ing snow), SNOW... You're on Notice. Also on notice... anything to do with snow, blizzards, snow removal. You get it.

ALSO ON NOTICE:

I try and flip channels when commercials come on, and have perfected the skill of multiple channel viewing, however, every time I switch the station lately, I'm on the same Yaz commercial, birth control that helps alleviate Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder. I am tired of thinking of women completely freaking out with hormonal imbalances, it is bringing up repressed memories of one of my friends mothers who had the power to desimate you in one bark. I still step lightly.

Adam Lambert annoys me. But then I'm not really a fan of much musical theater outside of Rocky Horror or Little Shop. He is a good singer if you like the whole screaming high pitched Aerosmith crap... but there is something slightly black-polished-nails-on-a-chalkboard about it. I've had to forceably swipe the remote a few times to escape the AI torture.

Headline News, or any of the news channels for that matter, for media hyping the President's security and showing on the cool map thingy all the locations where he would be, and when he was arriving there. Is it me, or is that poor security handling? It is no different when they are having Olympics or something and saying how secure it is, and how no terrorists can get in to deploy a bomb. Just draw a red X and say hey terrorist, if you haven't thought of it before we mentioned it... attack here.

So those are my on notices for the day. I left the Bears there for Steven, they don't really bother me so much.... except for the fact we still don't have any dumpsters in our neighborhood.

3 comments:

Ishmael said...

Yeah, I saw that forecast, too.... As long as it falls short of the big one ... was that just last week? Seems longer ago than that....

And no dumpster in my neighborhood, just the sign saying they've been moved because of bears. I heard the people who live near them pressured the borough to keep them away.

And tonight the borough and the solid waste advisory committee are talking about the new plan: give everyone everywhere those green rolling garbage cans. You know, those will be soooooo much more convenient for the bears to eat out of than trying to get into a dumpster.

devilsclub said...

Well, looks like invoking the spirit of Steven seems to have held the snow back for now.

A couple thousand extra trashcans to get knocked over by the wind and strewn about for a critter snack buffet sounds exciting.

Maybe we should retrofit every house with an underground pod system (like the tubes at the bank). Then the garbage trucks just have hit each house with a giant transvac. Only that would probably cost a few billion dollars, and I think I just invented it.

Anonymous said...

Resist the trash cans with all your might! I have three of the big suckers - one black for trash, blue for recyclables and one for green waste - what a pain! They are huge and hold a lot, but also not really suited for wind; any breeze above five miles an hour and they go wild. Actually, they don't roll but they like to blow over, spilling everything I bought, stored in the fridge for a while and then threw out all over the 'hood....

....And I couldn't agree with you more about Adam...he reminds me of Herman Munster without a chin...seriously,his voice could be used as a lethal weapon; perhaps the military could use him to flush out bin Laden...

I'm only anonymous 'cuz I forgot my password today...

Scoob