Thursday, July 24, 2008

Other acts of randomness



The squirrels in my backyard have jumped on the miniature species bandwagon. Two of our regular rascal's mini-me's appeared this morning rolling around on the back deck. If it wasn't in the midst of downpour, I could have caught a real picture instead of grabbing this one off the 'net. They are late this year too, last year the babies appeared in the beginning of June.

-----

We watched some Apocolyptic show on the History Channel and then the Berlin Speech this morning. My significant other, also known as S.O., is now convinced that Obama is the Anti-Christ and is leading us to Armageddon in 2012. (S.O. has many points to back that up, of which I will not qualify by speaking of). I on the other hand, truly appreciated his delivery, and he has some great speech writers. It was nice to listen to true discussion of global concerns not filled with the same "make no mistake"... blah blah blah droning on of empty incoherant phrases from the Bushmeister. No wonder I've always said for the most part, "politics bore me". At least this election season is nowhere near stagnant.

-----

According to HealthDay News, Soy is linked to male infertility. A half serving a day lowers sperm concentration. The theory is that isoflavones boost estrogen, and if you already are in a state of estrogen overproduction (obesity causes this) this tips the hormone scale and quarters your swimmers. Soy is in pretty much everything these days, just read any product label... and even though they say don't stop eating it, I wonder what affect it has on our children. Is this why our girls our hitting puberty at 8 now, and there is a major problem with man boobs in our country? I suppose it is still multi-factoral between diet, environmental issues, and our self-imploding genes. My only question now, how in the heck do vegans reproduce?

No comments: