Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Whoo hoo... I'm filler!

I can't say that is the first time I've been mentioned on page 1 of the Mirror, but yes, the first time for my feeble attempt at being a blogger. There are many much more qualified Kodiak blogosphere candidates, so my guess is that since no one has openly suspected I am me, it bears slightly more credence than if I was posting under my given name. That, and they needed to fill that sidebar column with something. Gotta love the slow news day.

Props to the Great and Powerful Ishter for holding down the fort and actually consistently posting. I've got to say, he is the Blogger King.

Speaking of forts, snowsuits were donned and I am writing this while waiting for one snowsuit to get un-donned so a kidling can pee. There is something about a snowsuit zipper that seems to trigger neurons that fire the bladder alarm, maybe it is a Pavlovian response to being trapped in down. We are heading out to make use of this white stuff that will probably be slush tomorrow. Kid one has planned a fortress, but I'm guessing it will end up either as two giant snowballs that will live in our yard until the next complete thaw, or a few mounds of snow that are used as a slushball barricade. I'm already stocked with a shield, seniority seems to call for insubordinace of the sneaking snowball to the head kind.

Zipped and buttoned, we're going outside to get cold and wet!

2 comments:

Ishmael said...

You and your blog will never be just "filler" in my heart.

How did the fort building go? Man, I miss being a kid, wanting to go out and play fort. Sigh. Snow Angels, too!

devilsclub said...

Aw. Just for you I throw out another "By Graphtar's Hammer".

The snow angels seemed to have taken a more sinister twist this year: forward, forced, and complete with facewash. We didn't get past making barricades while attempting to throw snowballs as fast as Buddy B. Elf.
And now, there is a giant lump of wet clothing in the arctic entry.