Thursday, December 11, 2008

I miss my channel 2

A black screen with a warning of "carrier not found" appeared last night on several channels on the top of the horn. Then, this morning I didn't get to watch the Thurmian morning newscaster on KTUU, (he looks like one of the aliens on Galaxy Quest, we've been waiting patiently for him to bust out with a "By Grapthar's Hammer, I will avenge you.") and if this keeps up will probably end up missing all my NBC thursday night programming.

Wondering if this has to do with whatever the cable guys were up to on the top of the mountain, but it is probably something else. If it was though, I guess their impatience to fix the problem and ignore storm warnings probably has something to do with people like me freaking because they can't get their daily installment of sitcom pleasure. Yes, my name is DC and I am a TVaholic.

I guess this is a good evening to plan on tackling a couple of chores I've been avoiding, and maybe try out the kid's new boardgames... and turn off that comforting flicker once and for all. But like a true addict, I'm still holding out for the hope that it will be back on when I get home, just in time for me to watch my current boss be personified by the character of Michael. And no, I'm not a Dwight if you were curious. I'm more of a Jim type I'd like to think... but nice like Pam.

3 comments:

Ishmael said...

I understand an undersea cable broke near Seward, forcing telephone traffic onto the bandwidth usually reserved for ARCS, so maybe that has caused some bumping of other channels as well?

I didn't think anyone but me liked Galaxy Quest!

"Never give up... and never surrender."

kodiakgriff said...

Play a game with your kids instead of watching the idiot box? Now that seems an easy alternative to what we used to do.
We have been without T.V channels for almost six years.
We have two channels, DVD or VHS. It is wonderful!
We can honestly pick what we choose to watch.
The I-net fills in the gaps for news and sports. Amazingly enough it was not a difficult transition.
Walk away, and free yourself from the need to watch, mostly banal programming.
Television is bubble gum for the mind. At least choose the flavor you place in your cud.
Be free.
Peace
Griff

Jan Flora said...

We're getting the same black screen and same message over here around Kachemak Bay. One of us is NOT happy. The other one is on the 'net all the time anyway and only misses the local news, Charlie Rose, Tavis... uh, well, you know.